it's been a busy few days. Back from the desert just in time to take Johanne to the hospital. Prognosis broken foot. After visiting with the kids. All you can eat sushi on Denman and a Pancake house for breakfast I was surprised they didn't charge us extra for excess weight, and I don't mean luggage. Anyway, we successfully got the 33 guests and ourselves checked in and wheelchair under the tour leader's butt we made our way through security to the gate. Bye the way if you are in need of a quick way through security I strongly recommend the wheelchair route. It's better then Nexus. Of course the reason you get the wheelchair may not be worth it. Although I didn't suffer much and I did get the benefit. I will leave that choice up to you on your next trip.
Sitting in the priority lounge awaiting flight BA 84 on route to Lisbon via Heathrow. The start of our European Odessa.
My last post I mentioned we were working the Humana PGA golf tournament. Well it went off without a hitch. We worked the Shotlink technology on the 2nd hole of the Palmer Private. Our role was to measure the tee shots of the pro's using GPS Laser's and relay that to the trailer for website updates and broadcast background.
Everything was going according to plan. We had our gear calibrated, measurements practised, radio check complete. The first three groups came through and we soon realized that we are right in the landing area. The trainer told us we need to be close to the action to get the correct measurement. The forth pro hit me dead on. No damage done just surprised me. After that we positioned ourselves more strategically to avoid the incoming golf balls. We hid behind a tree..
The week went great, perfect weather and a lot of fun.
Gotta go the flight is boarding more from Portugal in 20 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment