Canada wins!!! what a game. The girls should win the come back of the year award for hockey. The Curler's rock and now we are on the edge of a repeat from 2010. We were all huddled inside and out of the Canadian Bar. Our host and owner Patrictk has the Big screens going, nachos and chili dogs at the ready. We won. Canadians from all over joined together on the Algarve started singing Oh Canada. In the Bar and on the street. It felt like Vancouver 2010. Great night. We are all set for the gold medal game which starts at noon on Sunday for us. Too bad for you in Canada as it will be early in the morning for you. Get up and cheer our boys on.
The last few days have been a blast. The most of the group was gone for 3 days. Johanne was finally able to relax from being Tour Leader and I got to play some amazing golf. Remember the name San Lorenzo. This might be the best course I have ever played. Absolutely breathtaking views. I have a few pictures for you to view. They do not do it justice. After a nice round of golf I had the pleasure of dining with the GM and Director of Golf, Antonio. After a great lunchand great wine, he introduced me to a little piece of the Algarve known as Medhrona. Fire water distilled in the hills around the Algarve. I little digestive he called it. Wow is all I have to say. We would call it pantie remover back home. I am glad I wasn't wearing mine,
Anyway I had one small taste and said my good bye's to Antonio. A tremendous host who I hope to see again
I also played Oceano Victoria, the home of the Portuguese Masters. It was a great track, very similar to North American style courses. Designed by the King, Arnold Palmer.
Johanne and I took the wheel chair to the beach. There are some spectacular beaches here. We stopped at a nice little village about 10 minutes drive from our place. 10 minutes might as well be a lifetime as each village has it's own history and personality. Olhos de Agua is primarily a fishing village. You can see the small boats lining the shore waiting for tomorrow's catch of the day. From there we went further down the coast to Falasia The cliff's combined with the beautiful beach's are a site to behold.
We headed to Vilamoura after the beach to enjoy a walk around the marina. Overall a great few days to be sure.
Our time n Portugal is coming to an end. We will be off to Spain shortly Johanne is leading a tour for the group to Evora. A UNESCO heritage site, then on to Lisbon were we will bid them good bye.
Cheers to all. Be well
No comments:
Post a Comment