Monday, March 17, 2014

Forgive me, It has been a week since my last confession. Well now that I have your attention, it has been a busy week.  Last Sunday evening we visited the happy hour here at the hotel.  Johanne and I were in the company of two couples from a small town near Brooks, Alberta.  Ranchers with great stories both from home and here in Spain. I noticed the PGA tour broadcast on the big screen. Curious as to what had transpired, I asked two guys sitting in front of our table if they knew what was happening?

They did.  We proceeded to talk about the tournament and golf in general.  The next thing I know I have been invited to join them for 3 days of golf.  They, having just arrived from Dublin, had a last minute cancellation from their 4rth player.  We played three great courses at the La Cala resort in Mijas.  Very enjoyable days with invitations for Johanne and I to join them in Dublin when we arrive there later this year.

The courses were tough mountain layouts with very narrow fairways Strong winds off the Mediterranean  made things more difficult.  My partner and I got off to a fast start winning the front 9.  The barbs throughout the days had all of us laughing as we played along.  Three rounds later one euro changed hands.

Some views from the courses.




Tuesday, Johanne and I loaded up the chair and headed toward Marbella.  Home of the rich and famous.  Marbella and neighbouring Puerto Banus claim bragging rights for the most international celebrities in the Costa Del Sol.  All the designer stores can be found on the golden mile boardwalk.  One side of the street is shops and restaurants the other side is a marina filled with mega yachts.  There is not a lot of room for a wheel chair as the sidewalk is very narrow to make room for the Ferrarri's, Rolls Royce's etc that parade down the one way street.  It was a nice day for a cruise.  Sadly we didn't have our deck shoes, otherwise I am sure we would have received an invitation. .......


Tuesday night we joined a group of 37 from Saskatoon at a great seafood restaurant nearby our hotel.  Beachfront location. Fish was fresh and delicious.  Wednesday and Thursday golf.

After golf, it was time to say goodbye to an old friend.  See below. Nice duck tape isn't it! Johanne was trying a new fashion statement.  Up to the hospital we go.  It was a very interesting place, animals on one side, people on the other. Shared waiting area.  Just kidding.  The place was modern and organized.

The wait was not very long.  Good bye cast. You didn't buy that story, I hope.  The speedy service part was true, all smiles and very professional.  Especially the part when they announced that it would be impossible to remove the cast without approval from the doctor back in Canada. We said fine thanks for the help and we will let you know once we have it.

FRUSTRATED back to the hotel we go.  After an Internet search it was decided....... that sucker is coming off!  We peeled it like a mummy coming unraveled.  Slowly but surely.  We got about half way and then our progress stopped dead.  Plan B.  Semi sharp knife, cut it in strips.  The patient hardly screamed, good thing, as we were on the balcony.  Somehow it would not look to good if she screamed while i am working her over with a 10 inch knife.  I would be in a Spanish Jail faster then a fat kid on a smartie.  5 minutes later it was done.  We  did have an audience, some guy three floors up just watched and let out a OLE when it came off.

The patient is doing great.  We are following the instructions given and demonstrated to us by a guest on our last trip in Portugal. She..... being a Phsyiotherapist.  A little more standing and walking each day to strengthen the muscles, some stretching and everything is good.  No pain, no swelling and a HAPPY CAMPER.  Who knew a shower could feel so good. We spent the weekend at the pool with a few side trips to some nearby villages for fun.  This week we will start to venture further abroad to see the sites.

Cheers.  Be well

No comments:

Post a Comment